Unable to Connect. Try again later

Was working fine. Updated and thought that might have helped. Went home for the day, came back to work and wouldn’t connect. Put it into pairing mode and now it keeps saying it wants to connect to the oasis mini wifi and then connects, but then gives this error: Unable to Connect. Try again later.

It won’t connect for days now. What do I do?

1 Like

For me it works to reset (press >15s) and reconnect as a new device. Maybe this helps.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been doing. :frowning: It’ll even pop up and say it wants to connect to the device using the oasis mini temporary wifi, but after it connects, it then gives me that error message.

Ok, I never tried to connect to the Mini network. But in the end this will not work. The Mini network is not connected to anything.
Just to have it clear: You need an existing WLAN which is connected to the internet. This network is your connection between everything . When you start the Mini waits for a connection from the phone. Blue light blinking. You start the app. The app is looking for all available WLANs showing them in the end. You choose your existing WLAN (the one from the beginning) and type in the password for access. Now the app should check if the password is ok. Let us assume it is. Then the app is talking to the Mini. I guess via the Mini network. It is telling the Mini the details of the WLAN you have choosen. The Mini is connecting to the WLAN. Now the app and the Mini are connected to the same network. This network is the only connection to the world including the connection between app and Mini. The app can connect to the oasis pattern server (in the internet) as well as the Mini. On this way the Mini can download the patterns without the phone. It only needs to remember the tracklist and gets the pattern from the server by itself. The tracklist is generated by the app and transferred to the Mini. Then the phone is not needed until the tracklist expires. Or the Mini is reset.

Now this is what you have to do: Be sure your local WLAN is working and connected to the internet and you know the password. Restart the Mini and wait until the blue blinking light comes. Now it is ready for connection. Start the app and choose to connect a new device. A list of networks will appear. choose your local WLAN and type in the password. The blue light should be replaced by something else after the Mini has found your WLAN. Some time later the app switches to the main screen and you should see the default tracklist. Now it should be fine and you go on as you like.

If there is something else happening you may have a problem. E.g. red flashing light, no blue blinking at start, etc.

Please give some feedback if it is working, I am just curious.

It won’t give me the option to do anything other than connect to the mini. I used to follow your exact steps and it worked just fine, but now it just keeps trying to connect to the mini wifi for some reason.

To be super clear on all of my steps.: I reset the mini. Blue light is blinking. I open the app. It tries to automatically connect. I’m on the WLAN wifi I’m always on and have been since I’ve had the mini.

It says: ‘Something went wrong…Unable to connect to your device. Please ensure the device is powered on to Wi-Fi. If the LED is blinking blue, you will need to re-add the device using the button below.’

The device is blinking blue, so I hit ‘add new device.’ It cycles and then a pop up message says: ‘Oasis mini will use a temporary Wi-Fi network to connect to the device. Oasismini.’

If I hit connect, it gives me the Unable to connect error. So I hit cancel instead. It pops up the exact same wifi message again. I hit cancel again. Then it gives me this error: ‘Unable to connect to device, check if your Oasis Mini is turned on and plugged in correctly and try again’

So, at this point, I used to be able to use it just fine and now I can’t and nothing on my end has changed except the update for the app.

To be noted, I really do appreciate your response and willingness to try and help me figure this out.

1 Like

I am sorry to hear this. Being a user myself a have no idea what you could do not done already. I guess you have to talk to the team directly. But still I would be interested about the outcome. I wish you good luck.

Thanks! I have asked them, so just waiting to see if they have any good answers. I’ll update here once we find a solution. Fingers crossed!

I just submitted a ticket as well for my brand new device with the same problem.

1 Like

Glad it’s not just me! They responded to me and told me to connect to the Oasis Mini network manually, which I did and it still didn’t work so waiting to here back if there’s another way to go about it. Not sure what else I can do though.

Super frustrating, especially considering I literally just got this delivered yesterday and as was looking forward to sending it up in my office. If I don’t have some sort of resolution by the end of the week, I’m sending it back. It’s too expensive to just have it as an ornament.

I’ve had it for a while now and it was all good until this recent update, so not sure I can even return it at this point. Really love it when it works, but it’s frustrating that they haven’t worked out the kinks before they sold it.

I think I figured it out. I had to exit out of the app and connected to the Oasis Mini Wifi Network manually and then open the app and add the new oasis (while it was blinking blue) and then it finally let me get in and enter in the actual wi-fi like it’s supposed to. I had to do this a couple times though and I’m not sure what changed on the last one, but it finally worked and now I am finally connected again.