Addressability over internet after initial wifi setup?

Is there any plan to allow for the app to work over the internet after the device has wifi access so that users can send patterns remotely without having to be on the same wifi network?
Thanks!

1 Like

I’d like this as well. Seems kinda dumb having an Internet connected device that you can’t control over the internet. I like to surprise my kids with a new drawing when they get home, but unless I start it while I’m home it’s no good.

Additionally, I’d prefer to have my Mini on a dedicated IoT VLAN but that doesn’t work because it can’t talk to my phone directly ( IoT VLAN blocks inter-device comms) rather than just over the internet.

2 Likes

On same router it seems even the 5Ghz connection can’t reach the 2.4 that the Oasis is connected to

1 Like

Just weighing in here in case someone with authoritah reads these threads/suggestions. The Oasis Mini NEEDS to be able to operate not on the same wi-fi connection. Mine is a brick until they add Bluetooth connectivity.

2 Likes

It’s going to be tough to add a communications method if the hardware lacks the antenna/chipset for it.

However, allowing the device to continue to work if it has internet connectivity on some network while the original setup device is on a different network should be something they should consider.

2 Likes

This was actually addressed with latest app update on mine

What was just added? The ability to connect over WWW or from different wifi network?

My issue was communication between 2.4Gz and 5Ghz connections on the same router. Other access methods are still not there AFAIK

It’s unbelievable to me that we can’t send patterns to a Mini from other wifi networks. My girlfriend and I want to send each other patterns.