Welcome to Kinetic Oasis! 👋

Hi All!

I’m very excited to join the beta testing fun! My real job is a network security engineer (I’ve been in IT for 20 years, started in a Help Desk) but when I get home it’s 3d printing and vinyl cutting. I love designing and especially taking things apart and putting them back together.

4 Likes

Hello everyone. Excited to be chosen as a beta tester. I am an engineer working in injection molding. Worked with automotive, medical and electronic parts. Can’t wait to be able to get my hands on one and give feedback.

4 Likes

My name is Bobby Gibson.

I am a Creator, Video Nerd, Drone Pilot, Tech Nerd, Love Laser cutting/engraving
I love tech and playing with new things.
I have 3 kids and love to travel.

Kick starter is always a blast to see new things and try peoples ideas.

Look forward to testing this thing!

5 Likes

I have a reputation of “If this guy is contacting us about a bug, it’s pretty serious and well-vetted.”

Hope I can be of service!

3 Likes

I just slept…I mean, sat through one of those internet security sessions. :joy:

3 Likes

Greetings, Everyone!

I work in small incision cardiothoracic surgery (often dubbed “minimally invasive.” There is very little of it that is minimal, I assure you).

I am a home/hobby machinist, a woodworker, apparently a duplicate tool collector, and I use CNC routers and laser cutter/engravers to scatter chips, dust, and smoke everywhere.

Spent (ok, wasted) lots of time trying to self educate on image, vector, and machine code creating software, still a rank novice, but I am intrigued by working with a kinetic art machine and trying to meld all that together.

Already enjoying the various posts and questions, and am excited to contribute to others that want to enjoy this form factor. I have little doubt that this will be as distracting as my first front-loading washing machine (I watched a whole cycle, captivated. Don’t judge.). The CNC and the laser… Well, let’s just say nothing else gets done.

I live in Black Forest, Colorado, North of Colorado Springs. If nothing else, I can post the weather, which changes every 5 minutes at my place. 60 and cloudless today, Thursday, we’re slated to have 8-10 inches of snow by Saturday morning.

Be well, Everyone!

2 Likes

Welcome! I debated joking in the beta tester email that there are literal heart surgeons and rocket scientists among you, and you were one of the people I was thinking of.

5 Likes

Hello,

I have many jobs, but in the past few years have become a product tester for amazon as well as a video game tester for both large and small independent companies. I am also teaching myself to program and beginning an internship with a an indie gaming company.

The past 18 years i have worked with the criminally insane and have learned a lot about mental health and feel that this could do a lot to help ease the stress of every day life for many people and am really excited to try it out.

I have 3 kids and am known on the internet as the indie guy, lol.

Hope you all have a great evening.

3 Likes

It’s Beta unit arrival week! :eyes: Happy Monday everyone.

1 Like

Hi, all! I’m an electrical engineer and product designer/tester that primarily works with SVG-driven electromechanical products. Oasis is right up my alley, and I’m looking forward to testing it and giving feedback!

…and I kinda wanna do a teardown :smiley:

2 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

Yep, still on time for that. I’ll send another email to the beta tester group this week.

1 Like

Haha, if you want to do a teardown of the beta unit have at it! Just please don’t post the internals publicly until these are shipping more broadly.

1 Like

lol. . and i’m the other, actually :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey all, I am excited to see the designs we come up with and put this through its paces!

Does anyone have ideas for what they are going to “draw” first?

1 Like

Something space themed for my love of Astronomy.

2 Likes

I’m a software engineer by trade, now managing several teams including one focused on quality, so am looking forward to checking out the app and the Oasis and seeing what I can find. Waiting with anticipation for the beta unit!

4 Likes

I am a maker and Kickstarter vet, VP of Sales and Partnerships at Roadie Music. Love anything that mixes tech and art in an A E S T H E T I C manner.

3 Likes

You just described my kink perfectly. Art and tech in an aesthetic manner. :joy:

3 Likes

Any updates on the beta units? Very excited to try these puppies out!

2 Likes

Yep, Ill send out an email update tomorrow. Should be arriving in a few days.

3 Likes