Smart Home Stuff

I’ve got more work to do still, but this is my Home Assistant integration I’m working on. I’ve only had my Oasis Mini for about 24 hours, so it’s a little rough around the edges haha.

10 Likes

It seems possible to draw a grandfather clock that updates the clock section every hour.

1 Like

My man @Perseus , this is what I came here hoping to find… is this HA AddOn available to install? I don’t see it in HACS or anywhere?

1 Like

I just finished creating the github repo and uploading it:

5 Likes

HA! what timing. I literally received my Oasis on Wednesday and of course I catch the 'rona and have been sick AF since… JUST set this thing up today and first thing I thought after that was HA integration! So I get this prompt? but your instructions imply it should be discovered " Search for Oasis Mini and click on it" no? and I don’t see anywhere in the Oasis app to find the IP (or even MAC to reveres lookup on my router)

1 Like

Unfortunately I couldn’t find a way to auto search for the IP. I had to look on my router for devices. I’ll have to update the instructions, I copied from another repo and updated but didn’t fully proofread :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

fair enough. i’ll have to dig further to find it amongst the 130+ IOT devices now :wink: … does this mean I need to give it a static IP, or once your integration syncs it, the IP can change and it’ll still work (like some other HA devices do) or does it need to be the same IP (as some other HA devices require :wink:

2 Likes

Untested, but my hypotheses is you’ll need a static IP. I’ve only had mine since Wednesday as well so there’s a number of unknowns until I encounter them or force something to happen and see what I can do

2 Likes

DOH! I’m stupid, that font was so small it is .1.75 not .1.175 !! oy vey… now it connects! :grin: <3 it! Looking forward to your continued progress on this…

–I keep getting this error? I have your latest 0.4.0 and latest Oasis app/firmware as of tonight–

2 Likes

@Perseus Is there a way to show the design in a larger panel?
the only entity (with the image) seems to be this one

maybe a new entity that is the actual “thumbnail” image there but in some kind of .png or something that HA can render in a photo/image card of some kind?

If you configure the integration (after setting it up), you can add your Oasis cloud credentials which will then pull additional information about the track including a live image progress like what is shown in the app.

Oh, I joined with Google SSO… so what do I put for that then? I tried my gmail & pass but it doesn’t work in your “options” box?

Scrap that… So I went in to the app and said “forgot password”, so that sent me a link to my gmail, and I then just “changed” it (ie. assigned a new one basically and detach from SSO maybe?) That gmail and pass then entered into your “Option” modal popup…

Okay so I “see” the new entities, but they were all set to “disabled”… I had to manually change them. Maybe a bug/feature that if someone enters cloud credentials, you go and enable them for them…

Some of them are purposefully disabled by default regardless of whether you add cloud credentials or not. It’s just to help avoid adding unnecessary sensors if a general user doesn’t care about them. I.e. LED color id right now has no useful information, but I have it there to see if it changes. For general users it may just cause confusion.

Any thought to IFTTT integration?

1 Like

@Perseus Great work on the Home Assistant integration!
It works really well! I have added my Oasis Mini to my Homey😍

Here are some of my current flows for inspiration:

1. When a new artwork is started I get a push message saying what artwork has started drawing with an attached image of the artwork!
  2. The LED is automatically dimmed to 10% at night and 80% in the day.
  3. The drawing is automatically paused when last person leaves the house and resumes as soon as the first person arrives.
    All works really well all because of your Home Assistant-integration :star_struck: !
1 Like

I’m glad to hear! These are great uses that I may have to implement myself. Also, thanks for the coffee! <3

1 Like

Hi @Perseus,

The integration works great for me… When I log into the cloud account from the integration I receive a confirmation code via email… Can I see if the cloud login is working somehow?

cheers

David

I wanted the notification thinggy too. Am I on the right path?

Hi!
I am actually not that familiar with the setup on HA.
I have added the Oasis Mini to HA and from there exposed it to Homey where I setup the actions.
But from what you have posted it does look good. Maybe missing the trigger?
I use the media player as trigger.
So maybe something like this:

alias: Notify on New Track
description: 'Sends a push notification when a new track starts drawing on the Oasis Mini'
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: media_player.oasis_mini_player  # Replace with your media player entity ID
    attribute: media_title
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_albees_iphone
    data:
      message: "Starting to draw: {{ state_attr('media_player.oasis_mini_player', 'media_title') }} by {{ state_attr('media_player.oasis_mini_player', 'media_artist') }}"
      data:
        image: "{{ state_attr('media_player.oasis_mini_player', 'entity_picture') }}"
mode: single

This is what my push looks like when using Homey:

Wow that looks nice. Thanks!