Feature Requests: several in one message

• ETA to completion of design
  • Show MAC & IP address
  • Notification on phone when image done
  • Pause between images (30m, 1h, etc. or ideally customizable,)
  • Sleep/night mode. Turning this thing on it’s always a challenge it seems I set it into pairing mode more often than it just powers on. It would be good if I could just set hours where it goes to sleep at night so it’s just not wasting electricity/LEDs and the lights go out. In fact there should be a soft power button in the app to turn it on/off too.
  • When in pause between tracks mode. When the current one is done. Leave that image on the big picture in the app at the very top (don’t switch to next track image as you do now) we already know what next track looks like cuz it’s just down below. It’s confusing. Only change image when it’s actively in progress (start/play)
  • Feedback menu option in the app (so I don’t have to come to this website to do the needful)
  • How to remove tracks on main page? They just keep piling up, especially ones I don’t want or will never use.
  • How to just write a text message in the sand? Ideally a few font styles. This would really be awesome with the home assistant integration so I can schedule/send little messages/reminders to my girlfriend and children. Happy birthday, Love you, Thinking of you, etc…
  • Random track mode from favorites (or lists)
  • Home Assistant integration official or help this hero with the one he’s been building since he’s doing the hard work for you and for free!
8 Likes

Looks like a few of these features were added in the latest update:

• Mac/ip address
  • pause between 5, 10, 30 min)
  • delete tracks on main page
1 Like

@DAE51D Thanks for preparing such a comprehensive list.

We have most of these features on our roadmap. I will discuss with the team the features not yet planned.

I will keep you updated.

Thank you

2 Likes

I love the idea of an option to turn it off at night and have it come back on in the morning.

4 Likes

@JuniorVeloso I think the option to clear the sand needs a “before” (as well as “after” maybe). My typical use case is not in track mode, but rather the kid wants to pick one. However there is already a design on there. So then I have to manually run the spiral to clear it. THEN I have to manually run the kid’s choice. This is kind of annoying and often I forget and then they’re all “mad” at me because they’ve been patiently waiting and checking for their pattern. :wink:

2 Likes