Not enough sand? Bare spots?

Hi, I set up my Oasis yesterday, had zero issues setting it up but smoothing out the sand was a challenge. I’ve been running it for a day and there are bare spots no matter how hard I try to smooth it out. I go in and cover them up and a new spot appears. It’s almost like I need half a teaspoon more sand.

I have scoured the site, instruction manual, and social media and I have found that there needs to be 5 tsp of a special 0.1 mm sand that is sometimes available for sale on your site depending on stock and that the bag that I received should have been exactly that much and that your social media pictures look much fuller than my Oasis does. Help?

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

noticed the same issue myself like a couple more ounces would fix it

1 Like

The way the circle looks in your picture makes me think the magnetic mechanisms/gears inside, that pull the ball along on the surface are somehow messed up. The ball isn’t getting pulled around that spot.
First, I would try lightly shaking or tapping the mini back and forth while it’s sitting on a surface to get a more smooth distribution of sand.
Then choose the ‘Course spiral from Out to In’ picture to have the mini draw. If the ball moves around the area instead of straight through it, when creating the picture, then you know it is an internal mechanism/gear issue.

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue. I have a bare spot that develops after a few hours of use, even after I redistribute the sand and have added more sand!

Looks like it’s building up around the edges. I usually end up running a coarse out to in spiral between patterns and then a normal out to in every 3-4 patterns to pull the sand back in towards the middle to avoid this (since it seems like most patterns push the sand out)