No oasis yet, just connection issues

The device is available in my app but won’t connect to the public network I use at work (unsecured, no password). I get the message “Something went wrong…unable to connect to your device. Please ensure the device is powered on and connected to your WiFi”.

App is updated on my iPhone 13. iPhone is connected to the public network. Don’t ask me about the router or the speed; I don’t work in IT and like i said, the device is for work.

I’ve deleted the device from the app, reset it unplugged it, deleted the app, all the things. Every single time the device appears in the app again, but does not connect.

So far, this device is just a frustrating time suck, exactly the opposite of what I purchased. When does the oasis part begin?

I misread your comments, thought you didn’t have the Oasis Mini with you. Anyway, looks like you’re connected to a public captive network that requires the user to confirm a screen before the network allows access. The Oasis Mini or the app does not have a way around this yet. I believe there is a hotspot option you can try.

Nope, no separate screen confirmation required on my employer’s public WiFi.