Can't Add First Device

I just got my Oasis the other day, and have been unable to get things going. I tried everything right out of the box, but that didn’t work. I contacted support, and while they were able to get back to me after several days, I haven’t heard anything since. Here’s what I’ve done:

• Tried connecting right out of the box
  • Made sure the app was up to date (1.0.7)
  • Updated the Oasis online
  • Tried various lengths of button press per the online manual

Et:

• I’m getting the blue glowing ring that it’s in pairing mode
  • My wifi connection to the router is stable
  • I’m basically a yard away from the device while trying to connect
  • Power cycling has done nothing
  • I can connect to the device’s wifi, but it will just give the “busy” circle in the app until I eventually get a red banner saying “Unable to connect to device. Try again later”
  • It’s the default router that comes from Comcast
  • It’s not a guest network
  • Various other wifi switches and outlets have easily connected to the network that I’m trying to connect to
  • Serial number is OM241704795
  • I’m on Android 14

If any other information is needed, please let me know

2 Likes

I’ve tried sending a second response to my support ticket, we’ll see if anything comes of it or not

1 Like

Same issue on a MacBook Air. The only screen I get is “Add a New Device”. Then it tells me it is unable to connect, twice. The lack of step-by-step instructions is very frustrating.

1 Like

Are you getting a red banner? I found frankly the dumbest successful way to at least get the paperweight to register in my phone, though I still can’t get it past the rainbow ring.

Try this:
Install the app on a different device
In the event you’re able to register it to that device, you’ll be able to share it by sliding the registered device name to the left, then you’ll see the share icon. Enter your email in the popup, then go to your Macbook. Open up the same email on it, then you will likely get a link to register it there. (I’m not 100% sure on that bit, as I registered it via a QR code from my tablet to my phone. Still can’t connect the d*** paperweight to the internet, though)

1 Like