Spiral In to Out

Is anyone else having issues with this pattern? My ball goes to the center and then I hear the machine whining, but the ball does not move. Putting the speed to full power is painfully slow and only gets one circle in a 2 minute tome period. It seems off. I can have it create other patterns though,.

1 Like

Give it a minute! (or a few) The motion of the ball when it’s in the center can be fairly slow, but as the spiral expands it will speed up. It’s a quirk of the mechanism that Oasis Mini uses.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks Zach!!

1 Like

@Zach, I too am having issues with the center part of my in-to-out spiral. I’ve tried forcible resetting the past few days (holding reset button for 10 seconds), but I can’t seem to clear the issue. Any recommendations? Do you hear the noise of the motor?

Videos - https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmIjf_7aFI5ckYwOs_atpXVLCOn5ZA

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmIjf_7aFI5ckYwPyxughOu-m3I_qQ

1 Like

Mine is also doing that even when on high-speed.

Out of curiosity, what is the spiral button to the right of the images. I assumed that would be used to “clear” the previous design prior to making the next design, but maybe I’m missing what the button is used for

1 Like

Here’s an example of what it looks like when I do “Line Wiper” — the ball is going around, rather than through the center

1 Like

It looks like your machine isn’t homing. Can you unplug the machine, plug it back in, and see if the ball goes to the center?

1 Like

I unplugged and started over, but after a few patterns, same issue appears to be happening with the center, any other ways to reset besides button and unplug?

1 Like

I think we’ll have an update out tomorrow that fixes this. We’re running the internal testing for it overnight.

1 Like

Zach, after more resets and unpluggings, readding the device — still cant get the center to correctly populate the design, any recommendations?

I’m on software v 0.62

1 Like

@Zach, issue is still occuring despite most recent updates to app and unplugging — any recommendations?

2 Likes

@Zach, can I please get some recommended troubleshooting steps or a contact in support? — I have two Oasis Minis (beta and KS production) neither work currently, each time I try to control
Either device with the iPhone app it crashes or the center of the design does not complete

I’m having this same issue now. Won’t draw anything in the center.

Has anyone received an update from support or further troubleshooting recommendations — it’s been a couple weeks now of nothing but silence… or am I missing a post?

i just bought an oasis mini and came across this post, it’s making me consider canceling my order

Mine ended up being slow in the center per Zach’s first reply.

I did eventually have an issue where the machine would not home in the center and had to open a ticket with support - which required a simple fix that I could do myself or send the unit in for repair. I opted to correct it myself and it has been working since.

Have you tried to open a ticket with support?

What was the solution?

I have now, support request 5394, unfortunately waiting for a response and it’s been a couple weeks. Zach remarked that Oasis is ramping up support resources. Will repost when I have answers