Test Pattern for checking some problems

Hello everyone, I just loaded a “Test Pattern” which is under eview actually. It look like this:

grafik

Usually I start with linear wipe after a clean restart of the machine including a recenter.

you may see some problems here already. The Test Pattern follows. First the ball is moved to the center.

It starts building the big circle and the big cross.

You can see first problems concerning my Mini. The vertical lin is not straight. The upper half is sloped the the left. And the right half of the horizontal line is double with a reasonable distance between the two implementation, one being the start of this part and one the end. Now the smaller circles and the diagonals follow.

Both are looking ok here. Next are the Parallel cricle pattern in four quadrants from inside out and the radial pattern at the end.

As you can see there are only minor problems here at minimum speed. But this is going to be worse when increasing the speed. The main thing about this: You can see more easily, when a problem appears. meant in the order of steps the pattern is build with. You can see the quality of radial lines (which should be absolutely straight), circles (which should be absolutely round ) and the repeatability of the positioning of the ball. The latter is not the best here, the lines are somewhat ok.
I would suggest you switch off your Mini and start with the line wipe and the Test Pattern afterwards at minimum speed. Closely examine possible problems and repeat to see if the problems are random. Check again at increasing speeds. If the positions don’t change it mght a something like " Addressing Fuzzy Patterns, Red Lights, and Grinding Noises" Maybe this can be a useful tool to find out more about the problems of your Mini.

2 Likes

Seeing the results with only horizontal and vertical patterns, I’m scared to even try ur test design :joy:

1 Like

Can you maybe post your thr file somewhere on a dropbox or any cloud storage like that we can download it and not have to wait for any pattern validation ?

Hello, I did not think the review could take so much time. Here the the link

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lno39elc0s2uh0lak83qe/TestPattern1.thr?rlkey=hx1t5ns861t9r0454qp0c65wf&st=65m8szey&dl=0

Send a message if there is a problem. Remember that you only can use it if you upload it as your file. Do not try to publish it. The review is slow and my file will be available soon. I hope so.

1 Like

This looks much worse than mine. But there should be no risk trying my pattern. It is not more complicate than the lines you tried. But of course it is up to you to use it or not.

No problem and big thx! I’ll use it as private.