5/9 update is great!

I see the notes say it includes a feature to create personal patterns. How would I go about doing this?

1 Like

You can upload them via https://app.grounded.so. If there’s time today, I’m going to throw together a quick tutorial using Sandify.org. Eventually we want to put together very detailed tutorials for pattern creation, but that’s going to be a bit of work, so I’ll try to get some shorter ones up quickly.

5 Likes

Thanks for the response! Definitely looking forward to those tutorials, I tried converting an image to a SVG file and uploading it on that app, and it does show up (the Hershey Bears pattern), but when I tried to run it, it crashed my Oasis. So I’m assuming I did something wrong lol

1 Like

You’re not the first one to do that! The SVG requirements are pretty specific. It needs to be a single continuous line, and it needs certain line weights and export settings. I’ll be very surprised if someone gets it before we upload the tutorials.

1 Like

Ah okay, that definitely makes sense then! I’ll do my best to wait patiently for the tutorials; as soon as I saw you post a sneak peak of the feature here, I had to give it a shot lol.

I will say though, even without any custom patterns, the ones included on the app are quite impressive and the past few days have been a lot of fun for both my wife and I, watching it create all the different things. So thanks again!

1 Like

I seem to be having trouble with the oasis this morning. It keeps saying “failed to read file to write. please contact support if this keeps happening”

1 Like

@Raider_Gamingo Please reset your machine by pressing the button on the back for 8 seconds.
You will setup the wi-fi again.
Let us know if you still have the issue. Thank you

1 Like

Now it’s pulsing blue and it says connection to the device failed

1 Like

Did you use the “Add New Device” button? If it’s pulsing blue, you need to use that button to reconnect to the network

1 Like

Okay, I performed a reconnection and things seem to be working again. Thanks for the help y’all! I guess I must have tried running a bad pattern or something

2 Likes

I think I remember someone with a similar username uploading an SVG design. Was that you? If so, I’m really curious what process you used because it looks like it almost worked.

1 Like

That would be me! The Hershey Bears pattern? So for that I honestly just took a picture of the logo and ran it through adobe’s free online SVG converter. Really quick and dirty process. I was honestly going to ask if someone could delete that from the app since it’s just a crash waiting to happen for now

1 Like

Nice, I haven’t tried adobe’s SVG converter. You didn’t submit that one to be available publicly, so it’s only visible to you and admins for now.

2 Likes

We need some new artwork - please release the Krakken! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ronzawora over 20 new ones coming next few days

2 Likes

@ronzawora @Raider_Gamingo First pass :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to see what the updates are? I am randomly finding them while playing around, but it would be cool to be able to see what they are.

1 Like