App update problem

After the recept android app update I’m am constantly stuck on “please wait your oasis is busy” no matter how long I wait. Is this a known issue?

2 Likes

Hmm, we haven’t pushed an update recently, although there is one coming in the next week. Can you open a support ticket via support@grounded.so so that we can better help with this?

1 Like

There definitely was a firmware update pushed today. I was prompted this evening. The update downloaded to the mini, installed, and then left it in an endless loop of Your Oasis Mini is busy, please wait…

1 Like

I’ve had nothing but problems this month. Finally got mine to connect after about a week of not working at all but it was constantly getting stuck, the patterns on the mini weren’t matching what the app was showing, and then yesterday I got the same “busy…please wait” message which has been stuck ever since.

1 Like

I’ve been reading through your forum messages, and I think there’s a good chance there’s something mechanical going on that’s throwing a wrench in things. Do you have a support ticket open? We’ll work to make this more seamless for you.

1 Like

Yeah, I was distinguishing between app update and firmware. We did push new firmware a few days ago! Do you have a support ticket open? The main question I’d start with is what the ball does when you power cycle the device. Does it return to center or miss by a bit?

That Oasis Mini is busy please wait message almost always means the machine is trying to “home” and find its center point. I think we an do a better job of making that messaging more clear.

1 Like

I did, for a connectivity issue. I’m not sure if they closed it or if it’s still open. Do I need to generate a new one?

1 Like

You’re right, it is slightly off center. I just rebooted the Mini and the ball shifted a little, but it’s not centered and it is humming/vibrating for about a minute before it stops.

1 Like

You can reply to the old one or create a new one.

1 Like

Ah, ok I understand. Yep it was following a firmware update. I did submit a support ticket. Totally get this a busy time for you so no worries! The firmware update happened while it was part way through a design so I think this tracks with a mechanical confusion. Maybe for future updates it should go back to center before installing anything and rebooting. I’m guessing I will need to do the back to center repair for it to get back to normal?

1 Like

Looks like we just replied to your ticket! You shouldn’t need to have the ball go to the center for firmware updates, but we’ll be able to investigate further in your ticket and make repairs if need be.

1 Like

I think I’m having a similar issue. Will make a ticket. Started to get weird patterns and can’t update or do much of anything

The below image shows the odd pattern I got suggesting a mechanical issue. Was hearing some clicks, too

1 Like